Successful planning approval for a single storey side and rear extension to provide 2 x 2 bedroom apartments near Abbey Wood Station.
This project has been particularly challenging for the location of the development in a Flood Zone 3 area. Also, the property lies in an area benefitting from the presence of flood defenses.
The flood mitigation measures that has been incorporated into the project and approved by the Environmental Agency are as follows.
- The extension areas and lower level areas of the project to be constructed in a flood-proof manner resistant to the ingress of water.
- Self-closing uPVC flood doors (passive flood defence) and windows to be installed in both apartments.
- Non-return valves on any new sewer connections to prevent backflow.
- Exterior ventilation outlets, utility points and air bricks to be flood-proof.
- The site owner and residents to sign up to the EA Flood Warning/Alert Service and have an evacuation plan.